The Philip S.W. Goldson International Airport (PGIA), is the primary international airport of Belize and is located only 10 miles from Belize City.
All international flights to Belize arrive at the Philip Goldson International Airport (PGIA/BZE) on the outskirts of Belize City. With a long main runway measuring 9,700 feet, PGIA is able to receive full-size aircraft. American Airlines, Copa Airlines, Delta, TACA, Southwest Airlines, United and U.S. Airways all provide non-stop service to PGIA from Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Newark, New York City and Miami in the United States and Cancun and Flores, Mexico, San Salvador, El Salvador, three cities in Honduras, and Panama City, Panama.
Overnight parking is available at the Philip Goldson International Airport for 18 Belizean dollars per night. Locals are required to pay a departure tax of 35 Belizean dollars and all non-Belizeans must pay a departure tax of 37.50 U.S. dollars.
Airports and air fields in Belize:
- Philip Goldson International (BZE/PGIA) – A fully equipped modern airport that handles all international traffic
- Belize City (TZA) – Handles some domestic flights to and from the country’s largest city
- Belmopan (BCV) – Service provided by TA for the country’s capital
- Caye Caulker (CUK) – Service provided by TA and MIA
- Caye Chapel (CYC) – Service provided by TA and MIA
- Corozal Town (CZH) – Service provided by TA and MIA for Corozal District
- Dangriga (DGA) – Service provided by TA and MIA for Stann Creek District
- Independence and Mango Creek (INB) – Charter flights only
- Maya Flats (MYF) – Service provided by TA for San Ignacio Town/Benque Viejo in Cayo District
- Orange Walk (ORZ) – Service provided by TA and MIA
- Placencia (PLJ) – Service provided by TA and MIA
- Punta Gorda (ORZ) – Service provided by TA and MIA
- Sarteneja (SJX) – Charter flights only
- Savannah (SVH) – Service provided by MIA for Stann Creek District
- San Pedro (SPR) – Service provided by TA and MIA for Ambergris Caye