Top 36 Resorts in Belize
The Top Belize All Inclusive Resorts — Pick The Right Resort For You
Here Are The Best Places to Visit in Belize in 2017
Have you ever tried to pick just 36 resorts out of the hundreds sprinkled like sugary sands across Belize? It’s no easy job; there are amazing places everywhere you look. But as the saying goes, somebody’s got to do it, so we are tackling the challenge. Grouped by area, any one of these gems will delight, surprise and pamper you.
Top Resorts in Placencia,Belize :
From pirate’s hideaway to sleepy fishing village, this contemporary, laid-back beach community on the western side of the 20-mile-long Placencia Peninsula is home to a bevy of luxe resorts, each of which can make your vacation the one you’ve dreamed about.
1. Chabil Mar (http://chabilmarvillas.com/). This luxe resort name translates as Beautiful Sea and you’ll learn why when you spot 400-feet of beachfront, 19 uniquely designed villas with private verandas and award-winning onsite dining.
2. Laru Beya (www.larubeya.com). If the urge to see everything or do nothing while on your exotic getaway is your style of vacationing, create your own itinerary at this award-winning, all-inclusive hideaway.
The Placencia Hotel & Residences
3. Opened in 2003, the stellar reputation of The Placencia Hotel & Residences (http://www.theplacencia.com) has now gained further accolades and notoriety. While already an impressive resort and property, the addition of the new Casino at the Placencia has added a new dimension to the stay and play resort. Sure, you can still spend your holiday lounging on the beach, patronizing the spa and eating gourmet food, but the addition of Belize’s new casino gaming ‘s epicenter makes The Placencia the one-stop, must-visit destination in the region. Offering a full range of gaming, you can enjoy the excitement of the casino action, and then relax by the beautiful, swim up bar and watch the activity at the new mega-yacht marina. Whether swimming, snorkeling, fishing or planning your future trip to the upcoming golf course, there is something for everyone, every hour of every day. the 24/7 playground in paradise.
4. Turtle Inn (http://www.coppolaresorts.com/turtleinn). When Francis Ford Coppola acquired this gorgeous enclave of 25 thatched cottages, he elevated interiors to such a level, they can only be described as breathtaking.
5. Roberts Grove (http://www.robertsgrove.com/). This secluded, Hacienda-style resort is situated on 22-acres of beach front. The concierge will book tours, but superior amenities may be all you need to achieve total bliss.
Belize Ocean Club
6. Belizean Ocean Club (http://www.belizeoceanclub.com/). No membership dues required at this elegant resort, where spacious two-bedroom suites with ocean or sunset views and romantic balconies will win your heart.
Top Resorts in San Ignacio/Cayo District:
This thriving tropical metropolis is the largest district in Belize, the nation’s capital and home to picture postcard natural wonders. Choose the south part of Cayo to avoid crowds or opt for the northern area where the population, excitement and attractions are bountiful.
Cahal Pech Village Resort
7. Cahal Pech Resort (www.cahalpech.com). These thatch-roof Cabañas with private verandas are guaranteed to please everyone from couples to families. Need some nightlife? Head for nearby San Ignacio town for fun 24/7.
8. Ka’aana (http://www.kaanabelize.com/). Western Belize is home to one of the most indulgent resorts in Belize. Personalized services and modern amenities amid lush jungles make this a number one spot for lovers.
9. Blancaneaux (http://www.coppolaresorts.com/blancaneaux). There’s nothing like this Francis Ford Coppola property, a 20-room luxury mountain lodge where dramatic waterfalls and proximity to ancient Mayan ruins await.
San Ignacio Resort
10. San Ignacio Resort (http://www.sanignaciobelize.com/). Charm and history meet on a 17-acre private estate atop a hillside overlooking the Macal River. Called “the only jungle in town,” you’ll enjoy the irony when you arrive at this luxurious resort.
Mystic River Resort
11. Mystic River Resort (http://mysticriverresort.com/). Located on the bank of the Macal River, this resort specializes in serenity, rejuvenation and privacy, but if you need a bit of excitement, San Ignacio town is close.
12. Caves Branch (http://www.cavesbranch.com/). Do you crave adventure? This former bare-bones jungle river camp is now an enclave of 5-Star tree houses with roof top decks and hot tubs. You’ll need both if you indulge in area tours and attractions.
Amber Sunset Resort
13. Amber Sunset Resort (http://www.ambersunsetbelize.com/). Sequester yourself in a luxuriously-appointed treehouse within 28 acres of lush forest, or ask staff to book you on unforgettable nearby excursions and adventures.
Top Resorts in Ambergris Caye, Belize:
The largest island off the Belize mainland is uber-popular. From luxury resorts to modest digs and from gourmet dining to street vendors dishing up savory beans and rice, ex-pats flock here for the ultimate in retirement living. Use a golf cart to get around because you won’t need a car!
14. Victoria House (http://www.victoria-house.com/). This award-winning, 42-room resort specializes in rest and relaxation, but since San Pedro is just a mile away, walk there if you need your batteries recharged.
15. Banyan Bay (http://www.banyanbay.com/). Recommended by families eager to spread out and have fun, this resort’s roomy villas and on-the-water dining is near San Pedro if you want to sample Ambergris Caye’s nightlife.
16. Pelican Reef (http://www.pelicanreefvillas.com/). Take the resort’s 360-degree virtual tours of the two and three bedroom accommodations via its website. Don’t miss the languid pool, ocean—and rave Mojito reviews!
17. Portofino (http://portofinobelize.com/). From magnificently-furnished, tropical-style suites to fresh-cut soaps delivered daily, shouldn’t a treetop suite beneath an 18-foot palapa roof with views of the Caribbean Sea be your destination?
18. Grand Caribe (http://www.grandcaribebelize.com/). Situated two miles from San Pedro, this resort delivers ocean or Barrier Reef views from all suites, but you’ll discover that beautifully-appointed interiors compete with those spectacular views!
Coco Beach Belize Resort
19. Coco Beach Resort (http://www.cocobeachbelize.com/). How do the rich and famous live? Check into the Sea View penthouse suite, revel in this 4-star resort’s amenities and you’ll be able answer that question.
20. El Secreto (http://www.elsecretobelize.com/). If 13 thatched roof villas with breathtaking interiors sound like your version of heaven, this resort’s couple’s massages and outdoor private Jacuzzi tubs will confirm it.
21. SunBreeze Suites (http://sunbreezesuites.com/). This resort hugs the ocean for fun in the sun, but it’s close enough to San Pedro to add some kick to your visit. Gaze at Belize’s Barrier Reef from your private balcony or ask staff to get you there!
Sun Breeze Hotel
22. SunBreeze Hotel (http://www.sunbreeze.net/). This quaint hotel is set amid bountiful tropical gardens and a sparkling pool. Rooms are artfully appointed with flat screen TVs, spacious bathrooms and desks, if you insist on working.
Top Resorts in Toledo, Belize:
As Belize’s southernmost district, this sleepy area is loaded with pristine rainforests, cave systems, coastal plains and frequently-visited natural wonders. Cultural diversity is king: descendants of Europeans, Mestizos, Creole, Garifuna (Africans) and North Americans live amid this Garden of Eden.
23. Belcampo Lodge (http://www.belcampobz.com/). If you’re an “off the beaten path” traveler, this 12,000-acre nature reserve, lodge and organic farm will charm you. Choose from 16 nicely-appointed suites and enjoy meals made with crops grown on premises.
Top Resorts in Hopkins, Belize :
As the epicenter of Garifuna history and culture, tourists love coming to the “friendliest village in Belize” to experience the ultimate in hospitality. Surrounded by the Caribbean Sea, Maya Mountains and Cockscomb Range, the topography alone draws first-time tourists, but the local resorts bring them back!
Hopkins Bay Resort
24.23. Hopkins Bay Resort (http://www.hopkinsbaybelize.com/). Indulge your senses in close proximity to the heart of Garifuna culture. Hike nearby jungles, fish and dive, but don’t hit the hammock without a Pina Colada from the Rhum Bar in hand.
25. Hamanasi Resort (http://www.hamanasi.com/). Can you imagine sleeping in a deluxe treehouse within a forest? Do just that in resort suites that are anything but primitive—especially the private Jacuzzi on your veranda.
Almond Beach Resort
26. Almond Beach Resort (http://www.almondbeachbelize.com/). This Hopkins Village destination offers a haven for romance and wellness along seven miles of sandy beaches in southern Belize. Come for the view. Stay for the spa!
Top Resorts in Stann Creek, Belize:
Belize’s banana industry is headquartered here, as is the village of Placencia where shops, eateries and bars attract people of all ages. Millions of birds flock to Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary, the world’s only protected jaguar preserve, but you’ll flock here for the fun.
Bocawina Rainforest Resort
27. Bocawina Resort (http://www.mamanootsbocawina.com/). Sojourn within 7,100 acres of pristine jungle at one of Belize’s most popular eco-resorts where your thatched cabana promotes sweet dreams when you’re not touring area waterfalls and Mayan ruins.
Top Belize Island Resorts:
There’s a great debate going on about how many islands are actually in the Belize chain. You won’t care once you pick the resort that suits your description of heaven on earth!
Yok Ha Island Resort
28. Yok Ha Island Resort (http://www.yokhabelizeresort.com/). This tiny private island is a three-acre paradise near Dangriga that balances tranquility, luxury and big-city access, just eight miles away.
29. Cayo Espanto (http://www.aprivateisland.com/). Cayo Espanto is a four-acre private island devoted to pampering guests. The mahogany-detailed villa interiors are spectacular and if you’ve no desire to leave, dine onsite so you don’t have to!
30. Thatch Caye (http://www.thatchcayebelize.com/). Architects situated every luxury villa on this little island along the ocean’s edge, so each guest is treated to both scenic splendor and the utmost in privacy.
Turneffe Belize Island Resort
31. Turneffe Belize Island Resort (http://www.turnefferesort.com/). The moment you set eyes on the interiors of 20 guest rooms decorated from floor to ceiling with local woods and unobstructed views of the sea from private patios, you’ll know you’ve arrived in paradise.
Hatch Caye Belize Island Resort
32. Hatchet Caye (http://www.hatchetcaye.com/). Hatchet Caye owners ask guests to imagine the Caribbean before it got crowded because that’s what they’ve recreated. You can book the entire island for a group getaway if you like.
Top Resorts & Hotels in Caye Caulker, Belize:
This limestone coral island is eight miles long and one mile wide, only accessible by boat or water taxi, but nature lovers prefer this place for the tranquility and peace. Whether you’re a backpacker eager to pitch a tent or one of the following luxury resorts calls your name, there’s no bad time to visit.
Island Magic Beach Resort
33. Island Magic Beach Resort (http://www.islandmagicbelize.com/). Reserve a 4th floor mini-suite with panoramic views of the ocean and spectacular sunsets and sunrises. Enjoy pool time, on-site dining and a private pier where the magic never stops.
34. Anchorage Resort (http://www.gocayecaulker.com/accommodations/anchorage-resort). Accommodations here offer pure relaxation in the sun. 18 nicely furnished rooms plus hammocks, sun decks and access to every watersport you can imagine will make your vacation perfect.
Rainbow Hotel Caye Caulker
35. Rainbow Hotel Caye Caulker (http://www.cayecaulkerhotelbz.com/). This resort’s name came from a beloved childhood toy, so you can expect hospitality here to be as homey and warm as that memory. Deluxe rooms, junior suites, La Casita or the Cabana guarantee one-of-a-kind memories.
Top Resorts in Orange Walk, Belize:
Vacation here if you intend to undertake a multi-national holiday because you’ll be close to Mexico and Guatemala. This is the second largest district in Belize and the agricultural heart of the nation, so if you’re interested in Belize’s economy and resources, you’re in the perfect place.
Chan Chich Belize Resort
36. Chan Chich Resort (http://www.chanchich.com/). Deer graze peacefully on this 130,000-acre nature preserve in the heart of Mayan country. Beautifully-furnished Casitas, cabanas and a villa come with every amenity you desire.