10 Reasons to Retire in Belize
If the following 10 reasons to retire in Belize don’t convince you to start making plans to move here, we invite you to visit in person where you’ll discover plenty more!
1. English is Belize’s official language, so you won’t need a translation guide or app. Whom can you thank? Belize was a British colony for 119 years.
2. It takes only a few hours to fly to back to Miami, Houston, and Dallas thanks to frequent flights on Southwest, American, Delta, United and regional carriers.
3. You can afford to retire here. For example, ex-pat favorite, Orchid Bay, offers beachfront condos, homes and lots with state-of-the-art infrastructure. Waterway villas with verandas overlooking rainforests and the sea boast pre-construction pricing starting in the low $200s USD.
4. Belize’s Qualified Retired Persons program offers unprecedented retirement perks for anyone over the age of 45, including zero property taxes and financial benefits you must read to believe.
5. There is no end to nature’s bounty in Belize where beaches, jungles, rainforests, caves and Mayan ruins are so numerous; it could take years to see everything.
6. The weather is either perfect or near-perfect 12 months a year. When the green season comes, showers stop as quickly as they start and for some reason, Belize rains prefer to fall at night when everyone’s tucked into bed.
7. You’ll be immediately embraced by a vibrant ex-pat community eager to involve you in myriad activities so you have a social life from the get-go.
8. Deep sea, scuba dive and fish nonstop and year-round in the ocean, rivers, streams and lagoons.
9. Grab a slice of urban excitement by hanging out in lively towns like Corozal, San Pedro, and San Ignacio.
10. Live in Corozal for around $18,000 USD annually and enjoy the world’s lowest inflation rate!