8 Reasons Belize is Your Best International Retirement Choice
Imagine yourself getting on a plane and traveling just a couple of hours north to see the grandkids, get caught up with old friends and celebrate life’s big occasions before turning around and heading home to your idyllic retirement home in Belize. It takes next to no time for retirees to put down roots in Belize and here are eight of them.
1. You can live like royalty. The cost of living, real estate and a healthy currency exchange rate ($1USD = $2BZD) make it advantageous to move to Belize where even a modest income gives you the comfortable lifestyle you deserve.
2. Everyone speaks English, so from the day you relocate, everything about the process of settling in is easy to understand – from the legal work required to purchase your property to trips to the market for food.
3. Retire while you’re still a whippersnapper. Forget hanging on until you’re 65+. Belize invites you to quit the rat race at age 45. Belize’s QRP (Qualified Retirement Person) Program is wildly popular; ask folks who have done it and never looked back!
4. Kiss crowds goodbye. For folks relocating from the U.S., the din of perpetual crowds can be hard to get used to, say plenty of ex-pats who insist they never experience true quiet before. Belize’s low population is one of the nation’s biggest advantages.
5. Taxes? What taxes? Discovering all of the tax advantages retirees are given can come as a shock – especially for those with lots of assets that they intend to bring along. Browse this website page to see what you can expect.
6. The weather is divine. Does it rain part of the year? Of course. Those lush rain forests and jungles – not to mention bodies of water throughout the country – count on Mother Nature to keep everything green. Plan to donate your winter wardrobe to charity since Belize temperature readings run between 60- and 90-degrees year round.
7. It’s impossible to get bored. Everywhere you turn, there’s something new to see, do and discover, including 900 Maya ruins, picture-perfect landscapes like dramatic waterfalls, mountain ranges, forests filled with wildlife and exotic trees, flowers and plants. Retire and you’ll have all the time in the world to see everything.
8. Live off the grid in style. If you’re fed up with materialism and had enough consumerism to last a lifetime, seeking a simpler life in retirement makes all the sense in the world. Where to find this popular paradise: Carmelita Gardens, a planned community located in Belize’s Cayo District.
This affordable community has no equal, thus if you seek simplicity, affordability, like-minded friends and the lifestyle of your dreams, this is where you belong. In fact, current residents tend to wax poetic about their moves. Sound like paradise? It is. Seeing is believing at this 21st Century version of Eden!