5 Perfect Belize Signature Drinks To Enjoy On Your Vacation
Can you imagine a world in which there is no happy hour? Would life be as much fun and would you unwind less successfully if your favorite beverage went missing? No matter the time of day, remember that it’s 5 p.m. somewhere on the planet, so drink a toast to some of the most fantastic libations in the hemisphere by learning to mix five signature drinks for which Belize is well known and oftentimes celebrated!
1. The World’s Best Beer: More than a Corona on a Mexican beach or a Red Stripe in Jamaica, Belikin is imbued with national pride by makers and considered the only beer in town by folks who love everything about this company’s library of beers. The name Belikin has Maya roots (translation: road to the east) and all products are made at the nation’s largest brewery. Production lines fill 450 bottles per minute, so Belize probably won’t ever run out of Belikin beers!
2. Caribbean Gold Rum: When travel writers discuss the libations for which Belize is known, one type of liquor dominates: Rum. Caribbean Gold is but one of 15 types of rums distilled in Belize and when time comes for parties, celebrations and special occasions, this is the brand most in demand and most often served. Rum aficionados swear that just about every mixer on earth can be used to produce delicious cocktails that showcase this rum’s ingredients, all of which deliver a powerful punch.
3. Panti Rippa: Use the Belizean Creole dialect to order this booze (Panti Rippa) or use the Queen’s English (Panty Ripper) and your bartender won’t hesitate to reach for the bottles that are fixtures at every bar in the nation. A favorite of women who like their spirits to be as yummy as their men, this mix of coconut rum and pineapple juice is also a favorite of men who aren’t embarrassed to shout out their orders. Take our word for it: this cocktail is divine. Order one and nobody will question you about the condition of your knickers.
4. Cranbarrel: The award-winning One Barrel Rum starts every party on a heady note but mix it with cranberry juice and enjoy the drink that doesn’t just rock your world but delivers these health benefits, according to Medical News Today: Cranberry juice fights age-related damage to the body, improves heart health, supports digestive health and helps prevent infections. It’s perfectly acceptable to order Cranbarrel by telling bartender that it’s just what the doctor ordered.
5. Rum Punch: Because Belize is the fastest-rising rum producer in the region, ordering a brand made elsewhere could seriously impact your reputation as a discriminating soul. Improve your reputation by ordering a Rum punch made with oranges, pineapple, grapefruit and One Barrel Rum and count on earning the respect of everyone in your circle. By the way, Belize bartenders polish their reputations by coming up with their own rum punch recipes, so feel free to go on a sampling tour next time you visit.