How to make Belizean Cheese Dip
Belize is not only known for its stunning beaches, dense jungles and rich culture. It is also known for its amazing food. You can get local, fresh, handmade foods almost anywhere in the country, whether you are looking for a meal or just a snack for you to enjoy.
One of the most popular snacks that are available to you when visiting or living in the country is Belizean cheese dip. This dip can literally be found at any celebration, party, or home. Belizean cheese dip truly is a staple in the country, so be sure to try it. If you fall in love with it, try your own hand at making the dip by following the recipe below.
- 1/2 pounds of diced green peppers
- 1 pound of cubed Happy Cow cheese
- 1/2 a can of Mexicana salsa casera
- 1 full can of evaporated millk
- Hot Sauce like Marie Sharp’s (optional)
- OR 1/2 of a deseeded habanero (optional)
- Enough cilantro for your taste
After you compile your ingredients, you can start making your cheese dip! It is so easy to make, and you can keep it in the refrigerator to use if you have leftovers!
- 1. After you cube and dice the green pepper and cheese, put it in a blender.
- 2. Only blend the cheese and pepper slowly to start.
- 3. Add the salsa and the evaporated milk, and continue blending.
- 4. Add the cilantro and the habanero pepper or hot sauce.
- 5. Blend all of the ingredients together until the dip is smooth.
- 6. Pour the dip into a bowl, and eat it with fresh or store-bought tortilla chips.
As soon as you try fresh Belizean Cheese Dip for yourself, you are sure to fall in love with the delectable snack. Show off your new skills to your friends and family members by following this recipe for this traditional snack.
Be sure to book your visit to Belize as soon as possible so that you can get your hands on Belizean cheese dip for yourself! There are so many sites to visit, so much food to try like this, and so much relaxation to be had as soon as you step foot in this country.