1. Jump in … or jump off the most gorgeous waterfalls in Central America, then repel into caves to see chambers that once hosted ancient Maya rituals. If risks aren’t your thing, jump into the waves along the Caribbean coastline to cool off in-between adventures.
2. Hit the air. Since flight times to Belize from southern U.S. hubs are so short, grab more air time after arriving. Skydive into the Blue Hole at 122 miles per hour, parasail off San Pedro for breathtaking aerial views, and helicopter over mountains to complete your “heavenly” experience.
3. Take a hike. Scale Victoria Peak or Doyle’s Delight. If both mountains are too high for you, trek up Baldy Beacon. This knoll is part of the Maya Mountain range and it’s an easy-to-conquer hill.
4. Eat up. Belize cooking styles and preparation methods are unique, thus meat pies, patties, tacos, rice and beans, ceviche, lobster, and other tasty dishes representing Caribbean, Mexican, African, Spanish, and Mayan culinary influences won’t taste anything like cuisine you’ve eaten elsewhere.
5. Evoke Mother Nature by immersing yourself in her world. Camp on an atoll; some are uninhabited, so you enjoy unprecedented privacy. Swim with whale sharks at certain seasons of the year or encamp at an adventure lodge where the fun of sleeping in a treehouse isn’t just for kids.
6. Channel your inner fish. Don diving and scuba gear to explore ocean and lagoon wonders or book the ultimate deep sea fishing trip. Love going solo? Snag a kayak, paddleboard, or catamaran to set your own nautical course.
7. Meet Belize wildlife. Shy jaguars living in the Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary don’t mind tourists nor will Howler monkeys object to your presence. The variety of Belize wildlife is so impressive, Noah could have made landfall here and deposited two birds that morphed into 300+ species!
8. Make music. Belize’s signature beat resounds from Garifuna drums. You can learn drumming under the patient tutelage of Garifuna instructors. Fun? Words don’t describe it. Stressors you may have brought to Belize are likely to vanish after just one drumming lesson.
9. Dance like nobody’s watching. Bust some moves by mastering Punta dancing. Practice before you reach Belize and have the time of your life dancing with abandon every time you hear these lively tunes performed.
10. Stay in the lap of luxury. Belize resort packages are loaded with perks that include accommodations, meals, amenities, and tours. Luxury stays are eminently affordable in Belize – even on private islands – the reason folks on modest budgets flock to this nation.
11. Discover the heart of Belize. Tradition, history, and archaeology provide a cultural tour de force unique among Central and South American nations. From arts to agriculture, Belize peels back the mystique of multi-national people who are making their products, presence, and personalities known throughout the world.
12. Leave your cares behind. Belize is beloved by travelers because the easy-going people they meet are great role models, showing frenzied North Americans that life isn’t all about running in 20 directions and making money. No matter what sort of vacation you crave, find it in Belize. And don’t be surprised if you find at least 12 more reasons to add to your bucket list during your stay!