You’ve got to hand it to American president Abraham Lincoln for leaving behind memorable, practical quotes. As you prepare for your upcoming trip to Belize, adopt this one so your vacation exceeds your expectations: “Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.” What did Honest Abe mean? Proper preparation is the secret to success!
Whether you’ve been to Belize before or this is your maiden voyage, maximize your time, money and experiences by doing your homework before leaving home so you are prepared to do what’s on your list and adapt to changes. Importantly, Choose a resource you can count on to handle the logistics of your visit.
Vacationers regularly turn to Barefoot Rentals and Services over competitors because Barefoot is the nation’s #1 provider of in-country transport, guide and auxiliary services. They’ve been around long enough to provide every type of assistance a traveler requires, which is why visitors feel safe hiring Barefoot services for any number of practical reasons.
What else can you do to ensure a vacation that’s glitch-free? Follow these 8 tips:
1. Communication is essential. If you’ve made a list of places you want to see, hand that list over to your Barefoot concierge so they can review it and make sure everything you want to do is open or available.2. Consider the time of year you visit. For example, if you intend to swim and dive with whale sharks the best time to visit are March, April, May, and June.
3. Create a “dry season” itinerary (November to May) if hiking through jungles, underworld cave exploration and rain forests are at the top of your “must-do” list.
4. Don’t keep your guide waiting! Organized activities require on-time departure. If you arrive late, your itinerary could be shortened, or a group tour may leave without you.
5. Keep an open mind about the weather. Belize’s lush greenery, dramatic waterfalls, lagoons, and waterways depend upon rains. Even when it’s not rainy season, a shower could pop up. If that happens, grab the chance to dance in the rain!
6. Don’t dress to impress. Bring comfortable, casual clothing. Wise travelers pack garments in just two colors so everything matches everything. Stow essentials in a backpack in case your luggage goes missing.
7. Belize is the adventure capital of Central America. If the idea of zip lining, mountain climbing or trekking waist-high water to reach a cave scares you, tell Barefoot personnel that you’re risk-averse so your vacation isn’t ruined.
8. Are you more comfortable on pre-planned group tours or do you want to customize your experiences, limiting tours to just your travel party? Just say the word and Barefoot will customize an itinerary that’s yours alone.
No matter what your wishes happen to be, Barefoot is prepared to help you realize your vacation dreams. As Lincoln said, the secret to success is proper planning, but we’re pretty sure that if he had known about Barefoot, he would have added a second bit of advice: If the best rental and service resource is available, why settle for less?