Belize in April
Why Visit Belize in April
With plenty of warm sunny weather and fewer crowds, April is a fantastic time to visit Belize. Whether you’re interested in exploring Maya ruins, swimming with whale sharks, tubing down a river through a series of caves or simply enjoying a lovely holiday in a tropical paradise, there’s plenty on offer in Belize in the month of April.
Belize Events and Festivals in April
- Easter – In 2017, Easter will be celebrated on April 16. Come celebrate the four-day holiday of Easter Belize style with solemn religious processions, beautifully colorful displays of arts and handicrafts, and an exciting bicycle race.
- The Cross Country Cycling Classic – Held every year since 1929 on Holy Saturday, the day before Easter Sunday, the bicycle race attracts hundreds of riders from around the country and the rest of Central America. Starting at 6:00 am in Belize City, cyclists follow a loop up through San Ignacio in Cayo District before heading back for an exciting finish at the Marion Jones Sports Complex in Belize City.
- San Jose Succtoz Fiesta – The small village of San Jose Succotz in Cayo District holds a yearly festival in April in honor of its patron saint.
- Lagoon Reef Eco Challlenge – On April 24-25 Ambergris Caye is home to a special kayak race featuring two-man teams competing to be the first to circumnavigate the island.
Top Things to Do and See in Belize in April
- Easter Week – The entire week is a time for picnics, celebrations, and festivities as this Christian nation gears up for Easter Sunday on April 16, 2017.
- Visit the ATM Cave in Cayo District – This enormous cave was once used by the Maya for religious sacrifices.
- Go to Tikal in Guatemala – Just across the border from Belize is the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Tikal, once a large Mayan metropolis.
- Visit Xunantunich and Cahal Pech Mayan Ruins – Two of the most interesting Maya sites in western Belize.
- Go Snorkeling or Scuba Diving With Whale Sharks – Every year, migrating schools of whale sharks arrive in the waters off the coast of southern Belize.
- Check out Big Rock Waterfalls and Rio on Pools – These two waterfalls are located in the Mountain Pine Ridge reserve, a perfect place to cool down during the hot days of April.
What is the Weather Like in April?
April is when temperatures start to heat up, with highs around 85°F (29°C) and warm nights that average about 76°F (24°C). April is also characterized by “Iguana Rains”, brief, cooling rain showers that wash away excess humidity.
Visit Belize in April
With fabulously warm temperatures, April is a wonderful time to visit Belize. Make the most of swimming with whale sharks, diving, and snorkeling in the comfortably warm waters of the Caribbean or simply take the opportunity to relax on a beach.
Contact us if you have any questions or need assistance in planning your Belize vacation.