Chiquibul Needs Your Help!
Let’s Make a Difference!!! Help protect the Chiquibul!
The Chiquibul Protection Telethon in support of the Park Rangers Program.
Please visit FCD website. Donations can now be done online!
Go to: http://www.fcdbelize.org/donate
Why the Chiquibul Telethon:
- The Chiquibul Forest comprises the Caracol Mayan Site, the Chiquibul National Park and the Chiquibul Forest Reserve
- About 400,000 acres of rich biodiversity, wildlife, timber and home to the largest cave system in Central America and to the Caracol Archaeological Site
- It provides water to over 40% of the Belize population
- It is the largest cachement area of rainfall which is critical to the provision/generation of electricity in the country
- Friends of Conservation and Development (FCD) is a small group of dedicated committed Belizeans who risk their lives each day in protecting and conserving this vast natural resource
The telethon is today, Saturday, October 18th at the Memorial Park, Belize City from 10a.m to 6p.m
PLEASE SHARE THIS POST!