Ambergris Caye: Best Spring Break Destination in Belize
Located just a quick hours by air from the United States, the gorgeous tropical nation of Belize is a unique destination for people wanting to experience the ultimate spring break. One destination in particular, the island of Ambergris Caye, has all the ingredients for a wonderful spring break vacation. Spring break opportunities on Ambergris Caye include both exciting activities on land and in the sea as well as plenty of delicious food, sunny beaches, and lovely cocktails made from local rum and fresh tropical juices.
Spring Break in Belize
With so many options to choose from, it’s no wonder that Belize is becoming the destination of choice for spring breakers. Just look at all the advantages that this Central American country has to offer!
- Friendly, English-speaking population
- Fantastic sunny warm weather
- Warm sunny beaches
- The lovely warm waters of the Caribbean Sea
- Wear flip-flops and shorts everywhere you go
- Climb to the top of an Ancient Mayan city
- Scuba dive our coral reef to see colorful marine flora and fauna
- See sharks, rays, and manatees up close
- Howl along with monkeys in their native habitat
- Enjoy the rich mix of local foods inspired by Mexican, Caribbean, and Creole cuisine
- Relax in a hammock underneath a palm tree
- Ride a zip line through a tropical jungle
- Raft down a river through a series of caves
And so much more!
Belize’s currency is the Belizean dollar (BZD), permanently fixed to the American dollar at a ratio of 2-to-1. American dollars are accepted everywhere in Belize.
Ambergris Caye and the SunBreeze Hotel
The largest island in Belize, Ambergris Caye (pronounced “key”) is the country’s premiere vacation destination. With close access to the majestic Belize Barrier Reef, there’s plenty of sailing, swimming, snorkeling and diving opportunities. The mainland is only a hopper flight or a boat ride away, and you can take an adventure tour in a day and be back to enjoy the island’s many restaurants, bars, and live music to relax the night away.
Located just a short stroll to the town of San Pedro on Ambergris Caye, the Sunbreeze Hotel offers cozy and spacious rooms and are designed for sharing while featuring all the comforts of home away from home in an oceanfront setting. All accommodations come equipped with full modern conveniences, including free Wi-Fi internet and air-conditioning.
The onsite dive shop can take care of your aquatic needs, and the day spa will pamper you, and later you can sip that tropical cocktail or dine at their oceanfront Blue Water Grill and Bar.
This is a sponsored post by the SunBreeze Hotel in Ambergris Caye, Belize.