Belize’s Las Terrazas Resort Offers Insider’s Guide to the Caribbean’s Best Kept Secret
Barely visible by boat and seamlessly nestled on the largest and most spectacular stretch of private beach in 2014’s must-visit destination, Ambergis Caye, Belize, Las Terrazas Resort & Residences is undoubtedly the emerging island’s best-kept secret.
Exuding laid-back, elegance and authentic Caribbean hospitality, Las Terrazas, the island’s chic home away from home, offers guests access to local experts and insider experiences that bring them back to the island time and time again.
From underwater exploration of one of the world’s most awe-inspiring Barrier Reefs to Triple Crown Fishing, cave-tubing and archaeological exploration, it is easy to see why TripAdvisor® selected Ambergis Caye as the number one island in the world for the second consecutive year in the 2014 Traveler’s Choice Island awards.
With the Belize Tourist Board reporting a marked increase in tourism with nearly 300,000 international tourists arriving in 2013, three US airlines, Delta, American and United, are now offering new direct routes into Belize City from major hubs including New Jersey’s Newark Airport, Houston, Dallas, Miami, Atlanta, Charlotte and Los Angeles– making the lush tropical paradise easily accessible to US travelers for the first time.
Discover Barefoot Luxury in Belize’s Charming, Laid-Back Island Paradise
With international travel on the rise, the resort’s good life connoisseurs are providing an inside look at what makes Ambergris Caye 2014’s most enchanting emerging destination.
1. Magical Underwater Discovery – Teeming with exotic fish, sharks and stingrays, Ambergis Caye’s pristine turquois waters are home to the world’s oldest and second largest living coral reef. The go-to experts on the island, Las Terrazas’ on-site 5 star PADI dive shop organize a plethora of daily adventures for guests and travelers to Ambergis Caye. Choose from over 30 different dive sites for a personalized, unforgettable underwater adventure.
2. Destination Wedding Paradise — Ambergris Caye’s far-away feel yet close proximity to the US makes it an ideal locale for destination weddings. “Destination weddings have exploded, and year to year we are up 100% in bookings,” explains Carolyn Stone, Las Terrazas’ Director of Sales. The island’s intimate feel is a major draw for couples, and the resort can host up to 100 people for a magical night of nuptials. The resort’s wedding planners are based in the US, making the process seamless and stress-free. Whether it’s beachfront, poolside, or rooftop, Ambergris Caye’s spectacular vistas and consistent climate make it optimal for unforgettable celebrations.
3. Delectable Hyper-Local Cuisine — While remote, Ambergris Caye is home to Belize’s most diverse selection of dining options where fresh, sustainably caught fish are the main attraction. “Locally-sourced seafood and produce mean the highest quality of freshness for guests and encourages a symbiotic relationship with the local community,” Chef Patrick of Las Terrazas’ acclaimed O Restaurant, explains. The variety of fish on the menu includes shrimp, snapper, grouper, snook, mahi mahi, barracuda, tuna, lobster and conch.
4. Treasure Trove of Ecological and Cultural Wonders– Ambergris Caye is home to some of the most diverse flora and fauna in all of Central America. Once a hideaway for pirates like Blackbeard, who sought a place to stash their treasure, Belize’s natural wonders still offer unparalleled opportunities for exploration. From thrilling canopy tours through the jungle, hiking and river adventures to cave tubing and exploring ancient Mayan ruins, travelers are sure to delight in the thrills of this natural gem.
5. The Caribbean’s Eco-Friendly Hideaway – Still not overrun by tourists and lush with luxury amenities, authentic charm and a focus on sustainability, 2014 is Ambergis Caye’s moment. “Ambergris Caye is the perfect base to explore Belize’s remarkable natural adventures while being able to come back and relax in barefoot luxury with miles of undisturbed, private beaches,” explains Las Terrazas’ Director of Sales, Carolyn Stone.
Las Terrazas Resort & Residences is located just 3.5 miles from the colorful port of San Pedro. The hotel is a short flight from the US and a quick commuter plane ride from Belize City to San Pedro. Rates start at $279 per night and are based on double occupancy. For more information visit www.lasterrazasresort.com
Blog courtesy of http://www.luxurytravelmagazine.com