WestJet announces weekly flight to Belize from Calgary
This weekend, WestJet announced that they will be adding a weekly direct flight from Calgary to Belize as part of a new winter schedule that includes 125 new flights in and out of its home city (Calgary), as well as Vancouver, and Toronto.
According to the airline, its 2017-18 seasonal schedules also includes new domestic flights from Calgary to Vancouver, Toronto, Fort McMurray, Kelowna, Brandon, Grande Prairie and Kitchener.
CEO and President of WestJet Gregg Saretzky said that, “WestJet provides more service at YYC than any other carrier and [they] are committed to continuing to expand [their] presence in the years to come.”
Saretzky further added that they are pleased to announce the new service to Belize as well as an additional 52 flights per week this winter which will help drive growth at the airport and in the community.
The Calgary-based airline is increasing these routes:
- Calgary-Vancouver, from 90 to 97 times weekly.
- Calgary-Toronto, from 58 to 68 times weekly.
- Calgary-Fort McMurray, from four to five times each business day.
- Calgary-Kelowna, from six to seven times.
- Calgary-Brandon, from 10 to 12 times weekly.
- Calgary-Grande Prairie, 19 to 26 times weekly.
- Calgary-Kitchener, from five to seven times weekly.
- Calgary-Los Angeles, from 11 to 14 times weekly.
- Calgary-Phoenix, from 19 to 20 times weekly.
- Calgary-Palm Springs, from 18 to 20 times weekly.
- Calgary-Cancun, from 14 to 16 times weekly.
- Calgary-Cabo San Lucas, from seven to eight times weekly.
In a release, President and CEO Bob Sartor of the Calgary Airport Authority stated that enhancing the WestJet network out of their home base is a strategic investment to advance one of their largest hubs, and provide YYC passengers with more options to connect out of Calgary.