When you’re in Belize or Cancun, Mexico, take the opportunity to travel and explore the stunning beauty of both countries. It’s easy to visit both countries when you ride on the modern, comfortable ADO bus line.
ADO buses make two runs between Belize City and Cancún every day. From the Cancún terminal, the bus leaves at 7:30 am or 10:15 pm. It stops at Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Bacalar, Corozal Town, Orange Walk Town and finally at the Belize City bus terminal. The bus ride takes about eight hours.
From Belize City, the bus leaves at 11:00 am and 7:30 pm. It makes the same stops in reverse. Its final stop is the main terminal in Cancún.
The ADO bus runs every day of the week.
Ride in Luxury at a Low Price
- Each ADO bus is fully equipped with large, comfortable seats, video screens and onboard restroom.
- The air conditioning is very strong. If you’re sensitive to cold, be sure to bring a sweater.
- The fare from Mexico is about 840 pesos or $45. From Belize, it’s about $40.
- Because the bus passes international borders, you need a valid passport to ride it.
How to Buy Tickets
To buy a ticket departing from Cancún, you can book it online from the ADO web site or phone 52 (983) 832-9877.
To purchase your ticket to travel from Belize City, you must buy it from one of the following vendors. If you’re calling from outside of Belize, add a 501 area code to the numbers below.
- Belize City: Gilberto Carlos Pérez, cell 600-8100.
- Orange Walk: San Francisco Restaurant, 302-2240 or cell 624-8200.
- Corozal: Cruzob Travel, cell 607-7930.
ADO Makes It Easy to Travel Between Belize and Cancún
There are lots of great reasons to travel between these two cities. Some people have discovered that it’s less expensive to fly into Cancún than into Belize. They use the opportunity to spend a day or two in Cancún and then hop a bus ride to Belize. When it’s time to go home, they do the same trip in reverse.
Other people are vacationing in Belize but want the opportunity to check out neighboring countries. The ADO bus gives them a chance to see one of the most beautiful regions of Mexico.
Make your visit to Belize even better with a trip to or from Cancún on the ADO bus.