Top 17 things to see and do in Belize
Best Things to See & Do in Belize
Belize Points of Interest
Belize sits in Central America to the south of Mexico and is bordered by the Caribbean Sea to the east.
White sandy beaches, an eclectic mix of ecosystems and wildlife, colorful culture, and friendly people have made Belize a top tourist destination. Intrepid travelers to this English-speaking country will find many adventures in the jungle and both on and under the turquoise Caribbean Sea. From ancient Mayan ruins, jungle tours, scuba diving, and cave tubing, there is no shortage of adventures to be had in Belize.
Make 2019 the year you give yourself the gift of Belize. It’s easy to do; competition between United, American, Copa, Taca, Delta airlines, Sun Country, Westjet and Air Canada have lowered the price of airfare and have made it easy to get to Belize.
For a small, easily navigable nation, undertaking all 17 of the nation’s top attractions would be difficult to manage in a larger country, but it’s so easy to get around Belize, you might wonder why it took you so long to get here and see for yourself why these attractions top the lists of travelers!
Belize Points of Interest#1
Actun Tunichil Muknal Cave
1. Tour the Actun Tunichil Muknal Cave (ATM), a Mayan burial site filled with pottery, artifacts and skeletal remains of former inhabitants. Your adventure tour, arranged by Cahal Pech Belize Resort, will have you wading into the cave, swimming, climbing and exploring, so dress for adventure.
Belize Points of Interest#2
Tikal Mayan Ruins
Belize Points of Interest#3
Whale Shark Diving in Belize
3. Swim, snorkel or scuba dive during an all-inclusive Chabil Mar Resort stay that takes you to the Barrier Reef and surrounding waters for three Belize whale shark dives. This unique trip has a finite ceiling since Whale Sharks only gather during full moons from March to June, so plan accordingly.
Belize Points of Interest#4
Spearfishing in Belize
4. There’s no more exciting experience than trying one’s hand at spearfishing and the Yok Ha Resort team is ready to show you how it’s done. Since everything about this excursion is covered, you don’t have to bring anything along but a camera to document your prowess.
Belize Points of Interest#5
Lighthouse Reef Adventure and Island Expedition
7. If your idea of fun is a no-frills trip, Island Expedition’s Lighthouse Reef Adventure and island expedition has your name written on it. Spend six or eight nights roughing it outdoors at base camp and a like number of days birding, kayaking, snorkeling and even practicing your yoga moves!
Belize Points of Interest#6
Snorkeling at Hol Chan Marine Reserve
6. Every Belize resort can point to excursions guests find sublime. At Victoria House, a favorite is a snorkeling trip to Hol Chan Marine Reserve, where visitors may run into any of 500+ species of fish, turtles, sharks, seahorses and perhaps manatees, if you’re extra lucky.
Belize Points of Interest#7
Scuba Diving Belize’s Reef
7. Victoria House also receives enthusiastic responses from guests who book scuba diving excursions to the northern areas of the Belize Barrier Reef through their concierge desk. Count on certified dive masters to show you the ropes, whether you’re a beginner or a master. Find out what kind of gear to bring for your scuba diving trip here: https://scubalist.pro.
Belize Points of Interest#8
Belize Blue Hole
8. If you crave a small, intimate resort that’s as cozy as it is accommodating, Turneffe Island Resort deserves your attention so you can stay in close proximity to the world-famous Blue Hole, perhaps the most thrilling scuba diving experience in Belize. Book early since this trip to Lighthouse Reef isn’t available every day.
Belize Points of Interest#9
Bird watching in Ambergris Caye
9. Nobody’s sure why Ambergris Caye is a Mecca for exotic birds, but bird watchers tend to be astonished by the sheer numbers and variety of species when they take advantage of a bird watching experience. Visit several sanctuaries and while you’re there, collect shells as mementoes of your journey.
Belize Points of Interest#10
Kayaking at Thatch Caye Resort
10. Whether you’re a skilled kayaker or just eager to try it, arrange with your Thatch Caye Resort hosts to borrow one of the complimentary kayaks or paddle boards reserved just for guests and then set off on a journey of discovery, navigating through crystal waters and past lush islands.
Belize Points of Interest#11
Mayan Focused Adventures with Nine Belize
11. Nine Belize Eco-cultural tours specializes in Mayan-focused adventures so if you want to learn more about them, you’ll have several site choices. Decide which expedition best suits your curiosity by visiting their website to choose exotic and fascinating destinations, each of which has its own story to tell.
Belize Points of Interest#12
Sunset Cruises with Raggamuffin Tours
12. Ignore the pirate on the Raggamuffin Tours logo, since these folks are all about romance! Raggamuffin specializes in seductive sunset cruises that offer lovers time to do nothing but gaze into each other’s eyes, sip beverages and nibble. This trip is mandatory if you’ve been on the go non-stop.
Belize Points of Interest#13
Drumming Garifuna Style in Hopkins
13. Travel to Hopkins Belize where all-things-Garifuna (a lively populace of people who make their homes here) are celebrated. Channel the musician in your soul while mastering drumming Garifuna-style and you’ll have a ball. Don’t be surprised if the urge to buy your own drum is overwhelming.
Belize Points of Interest#14
Zip Lining at Bocawina
14. Not everyone has the urge to race across jungle treetops tethered to a cable, but if you live for such moments, plan to run the zipline gauntlet at one of Belize’s most popular eco-resorts, Bocawina. Don’t stop there. The resort’s onsite activities menu also include waterfall rappelling!
Belize Points of Interest#15
Cave Tubing in Belize
15. When it comes to kid-pleasing activities, parents attest to the fact that cave tubing in Belize leaves indelible memories never to be forgotten. Book your cave tubing journey through Cahal Pech Resort and the team will take care of every detail.
Belize Points of Interest#16
16. Belize becomes the Caribbean’s lobster capital every June as the Lobster Fest Festival tops social calendars throughout the land. Eat up, see the hilarious Miss Lobster Fest pageant and toast the burgeoning crustacean catch that grows bigger every year.
Belize Points of Interest#17
Attend Belize’s annual Chocolate Festival
17. Do you eat dessert before a meal and make no apologies? Show up at Belize’s annual Chocolate Festival where one of the nation’s biggest cash crops winds up in everything from candy to beer. This chocolate orgy grows wilder each year. Perhaps it’s all that sugar! If you want to be on hand to indulge, plan to come at the end of May.