Belize in March
Why Visit Belize in March
With fantastic weather, Belize in March is at the top of tourist season, with countless opportunities to fish, dive, snorkel, sail, and explore the lush landscape of tropical rainforests, mountain peaks, and rich fertile plains. March is also when many high-energy festivals and celebrations occur throughout the country, making it the perfect time to visit the tropical paradise of Belize.
Instead of shivering through another month of winter in the United States and Canada, why not come on down to Belize and relax under the warm sunny rays of a tropical sun? Or do one of the following activities or tours:
- Visit Mayan Ruins – Once the beating heart of the ancient Mayan empire, Belize is home to dozens of amazing ruined cities, including huge stone pyramids that visitors can climb and explore.
- Cave Tubing – Tubing down a river has a special twist in Belize, where visitors can ride their inner tubes through an exciting series of spooky caves.
- Zip Line – Few experiences can compare to swinging down a zip line high above the canopy of a lush tropical rainforest.
- Swimming in the Mopan and Macal Rivers – Few activities will warm your spirit as splashing in the lovely waters of the gorgeous Mopan or Macal River.
Belize Events and Festivals in March
- La Ruta Maya Belize River Challenge – On several consecutive days, canoeists from around the country and region make their way via the Macal and Belize Rivers from the town of San Ignacio in the west of Belize to the biggest metropolis in the east, Belize City.
- Baron Bliss Day – A special holiday unique to Belize, celebrating one of the country’s national heroes. A regatta is held every year near the lighthouse outside of Belize City where Baron Henry Edward Ernest Victor Bliss is buried. Sailboat and horse races vie for kite-flying competitions in honor of Belize’s great benefactor.
Top Things to Do and See in March
- Visit the amazing ATM cave in Cayo District
- Head over the border to nearby Guatemala to explore the ruins of the legendary Mayan city of Tikal
- Work on your tan
- Go snorkeling or scuba diving with whale sharks, the gentle giants of the deep
- Explore the ruins of the lost Mayan cities of Xunantunich or Cahal Pech
- Relax on the beach and splash in the warm waters of the Caribbean Sea
What is the Weather Like in March
The weather in Belize in March is almost perfect, with long, sunny days and refreshing breezes at night. Rainfall is extremely rare, and daytime temps average around 83F (28C). Nights are pleasantly cool, with offshore breezes bringing the temperature to a comfortable average of 74F (23C). Shorts, sandals, and a T-shirt, with perhaps a light jacket at night, are all the clothing you’ll need when visiting Belize in March.
Visit Belize in March
With fantastic weather and so many fun festivals, Belize is truly the destination of choice in March. Escape the dreary dregs of winter and head on down to Belize, where a laid-back and friendly country filled with exciting adventure opportunities and beautiful nature await you! You’ll feel refreshed, rejuvenated, and happy when you return home after spending a week under the warm tropical sun of Belize.