Types of Beds You Can Expect in Belize Hotels
The comfort of a hotel room is defined by several factors. First, there is the position, where rooms placed closer to the top and facing the main attraction are more expensive. In Belize, there are two main attractions, the ocean, and the luxurious tropical forest, so you can choose your favorite side.
Another factor that contributes to the overall level of comfort is the size and available accommodations. These vary according to price, and you’ll find that Belize has hotels for almost any budget.
Finally, the focus element in a hotel room is the bed. And this is the element we’ll discuss today because it is vital to your vacation.
The Type of Mattress
First, let’s talk about the type of mattress that can be found in a hotel bed. Regardless of where you travel in the world, the mattress must be comfortable while also offering good back support. Even more, it should not sleep very hot (a common problem with memory mattresses) and it should not allow creepy crawlies to develop (hypoallergenic).
Now, depending on the hotel, the mattress can be memory foam with some sort of cooling agent (usually gel), a hybrid design, or latex foam. In my opinion, they are all great for a good night’s sleep, as long as the environmental temperature is adjusted accordingly.
Nowadays, hotels tend to use high-quality memory foam designs from well-known online brands because they are well-made and come at a very affordable price. Furthermore, due to pages like novosbedcoupon.net, even smaller resorts can get a good deal, which improves their rating and attracts more tourists.
Still, when vacationing in Belize, it’s best to ask about the type of mattress you will sleep on. Since the environment is hot and humid, you don’t want to sleep on a standard memory foam (the best choice would be latex foam). So, ask about the cooling system used to avoid sleeping hot.
Types of Beds
Now that you know about the mattress, let’s move onto the bed.
Bed designs are pretty standard and the ones you will find in Belize hotels are also available in hotels all over the world. In terms of design, hotels offer the following types of beds:
- Platform – designed with a solid rectangular frame that supports the edges of the mattress and rows of flexible wooden slats in the middle. This design provides ideal back support (due to the slats) and proper ventilation as airflow can move unhindered. This design is perfect for a tropical region such as Belize!
- Panel – as the name states, this bed is made of flat wooden panels that can be put together easily (like Lego pieces). While they are not extremely durable or solid, panel beds are lightweight and come in a wide range of colors and designs.
- Sleigh – this design features a curved or scrolled head and footboard and is made out of heavy wood. You’ll usually find this in elegant places, where they are expected to support a lot of action (like in resorts for families).
- Standard – this is one of the simplest designs as it only has a frame (usually metallic) and box As you can imagine, low-cost accommodations will favor this type of bed, but this doesn’t mean they are not comfortable.
Standard Bed Sizes
Another feature that matters when you choose the accommodation is the size of the bed. To such, most hotels feature the following dimensions:
- Twin (39” x 75”) – This is the type of bed a family with children may request to be added in their room. Since it’s rather small, hotels also use it as a day bed, but in most situations, the Twin is an addition to the bed that’s already in the room.
- Twin XL (39” x 80”) – The size is perfect for a young adult, and because it is narrow, this size is perfect for Twin rooms, where two separate beds are available.
- Queen (60” x 80”) – Perfect for two adults and the most popular size for a matrimonial suite or a double room.
- King (76” x 80”) – This size is ideal for when you truly want to spoil yourself! However, only the luxury rooms will have a King size bed, so make sure it is truly worth paying extra.
Overall, if you want to have a restful vacation (regardless of location), the first thing you have to check is the bed. Still, I am sure you won’t be disappointed as hotels invest a lot in their beds, in a try to make guests feel as happy as possible.