The Breezeway Restaurant and Pool Bar: It’s Where Foodies Go in Placencia
The Placencia peninsula may be known for having Belize’s best beaches, but when it comes to food, this lovely eatery is fast becoming a jewel in Belize’s crown.
Raise your hand if your vacation plans revolve around cuisine! You’re not alone. Dedicated foodies have been known to travel the world in pursuit of the tastiest ceviche, richest chocolate dessert and perfect wine accompaniments. Have we whetted your appetite? Put The Breezeway Restaurant and Pool Bar in Placencia, Belize at the top of your must-visit list.
This eatery serves some of the most delicious food in the peninsula and the libations menu alone could make you giddy with pleasure. If you’ve already heard that the Placencia peninsula is “the place” to go for proximity to Belize’s natural wonders, you aren’t mistaken. But you can’t dive, trek and explore on an empty stomach, which is why having The Breezeway on your radar is important. When you visit, plan to be impressed every time you lift your fork.
7 reasons to fall in love with Breezeway
1. Since it’s part of the Mariposa Beach Suites complex, you can stay on-site so you’re always on time for meals. Stay elsewhere and you may be close enough to walk to and from the restaurant since the entirety of Placencia’s shoreline is only 16-miles long.
2. The atmosphere is romantic. Dine poolside or under a tropical Palapa. Mother Nature is your hostess at this gorgeous spot and hand-crafted Belizean furnishings are comfy, colorful and contribute to the tropical vibe.
3. Imported liquor and specialty drinks served with panache include wines from Italy, California, Chile, Argentina and France. Order Belizean rums, spirits and beers that include the national treasure, Belikin Beer.
4. Drop in any time of the day. Unlike some resort eateries, the Breezeway is open 7 days a week, so whether you crave breakfast, lunch, dinner or all three, menus filled with eclectic choices will delight you.
5. You couldn’t get bored dining at the Breezeway if you tried. Daily specials spice up menus and are prepared under the watchful eye of chef Aron who was born in Belize and trained in Italy.
6. Who supplies fresher-than-fresh ingredients used to prepare the restaurant’s dishes? Local farmers and fishermen. Produce, dairy products, fish, lobster, and even Belize chocolate treats will show you what “fresh” really tastes like.
7. The Breezeway’s menu suits even picky eaters and includes Eggs Benedict, breakfast burritos, quesadilla, beef, and chicken burgers, ceviche, lobster, fish, and hummus. If you can’t find something that excites your taste buds, you’re probably not hungry!
The Breezeway menu is so extensive, even folks on a budget get their fill and have money left for dessert. Convinced? You should be. And you won’t be the first gourmand to declare the Breezeway Restaurant and Pool Bar your home away from home during your Placencia stay, so you could even make new friends while pampering your inner foodie.